Monday, January 5, 2009

We're Back On-line!

I have been on vacation for the last 2 weeks so I haven’t been able to blog. We recently found out you can get this thing called “the internet” installed in your home. We had never heard of such a thing. We thought “the internet” was just a luxury you can use at work, but apparently this convenience can be brought right into your own home. I know…..sounds crazy right? But, it’s true. We hope to have it installed in the next few weeks. Man….what will they come up with next…..running water…..electricity…..who knows. :-)

The last few weeks have been great for me and baby Thomas. The first week we did what Tommy calls “The Cannonball Run”. This is where we drive to approximately 10 different houses, spread out all over Missouri, in a matter of 4 days. It is very stressful but always worth it to get to see all our family over the holidays. But once baby Thomas is old enough to understand Santa, our “cannonball run” days will be over. We plan to stay at home on Christmas day, open all our gifts and lounge around in our pj’s playing with new toys.

Thomas got lots of clothes and gifts for Christmas, which was such a nice thing to receive from our families. I didn’t expect any gifts for him at all, so it was a nice surprise. Last week I went through and washed all his tiny new clothes…which for some reason really opened my eyes. This baby has been a part of my life, my body and my thoughts for the last 22 weeks. But when I pulled his little tiny clothes out of my dryer and began folding them, he also became part of my home. It was so neat to actually see traces of a tiny little person in our home. It somehow makes me miss him even though he’s never physically been here. But his endless karate chops and sidekicks are a constant reminder that there is no need to miss him…cause he is right where he should be.

No comments: