Monday, December 1, 2008

I Get Knocked Down But I Get Up Again

Ok....so no one really knocked me down. It's more like I fell down...yet again. I am a VERY clumsy person as most of you already know. Pretty much on a monthly basis, I find myself with brusied knees or scrapped elbows. Since I've been preggo, I've already fallen down twice. Once was down my stairs at my house (but don't worry, I've fallen down these stairs so many times, I actually know how to do it without hurting myself). The other time was this past weekend in the Hy-Vee parking lot. It was raining so I was somewhat running to my car when all of a sudden I found myself sitting down on the wet pavement with a throbbing knee and foot. I have no idea if anyone saw me. Just another day in the life of Melissa. Tom wants me to start wearing a helmet.

And unfortunatley my gracefulness has been passed on to my adorable 3 year old niece. She stayed with us a few weekends ago and I know she fell down at least 10 times during her visit. One minute she is sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast, and the next thing you hear is "thump" and she is on the floor. She never once cried...she just gets back up and says "I'mmmmmm oooooookkkkkk" in her cute little 3 year old voice and goes about her business. Poor thing!

1 comment:

B-Mom said...

Melissa!!! You need to be careful!! Ok, now that I have sounded like your mother and I know you are ok....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's pretty funny! :) Just kidding (kind of) and I'm glad you and that bebe are ok!