Monday, November 17, 2008

A letter to my baby!

It truly amazes me that right now you are a tiny little human just hanging out in my belly. You have fingernails, you suck your thumb, and you can hear my voice and heartbeat. You have no idea that in a few months you will come home for the first time and be sniffed from head to toe by your two four-legged sisters. You have no idea that (if you are a girl) Peyton will be your BFF and (if you are a boy) you will watch Booker and Bodey in amazement as they do all the big-boy things you will do one day. You have no idea that you already have 10 cousins! You have no idea that Santa comes to the May house on Christmas Eve, sets out all our presents, while you and all the other kids hide downstairs. You have no idea that when you laugh, you will probably throw your head forward, hold, then throw your head back...just like a Mrozowicz. You have no idea how many times in your life you will have to say "my last name is Tod...T.O.D...just one D" and you have no idea how often they still spell it TODD. You have no idea that your daddy is so excited about you, that he has put his manliness aside and is in the process of crosstitching you a quilt. Whether you are a boy or a girl, this fishing quilt will be your absolute favorite blanket.

You have no idea how much you are loved already. And I had no idea I could love this much! Can't wait to meet you!

2 comments:

B-Mom said...

And you have no idea how lucky that baby is to get you and Tom as parents. That seriously makes me tear up! You are going to be the best baby mama ever, and your baby is so blessed to get to be yours!

Cori said...

This post almost made me cry! Just love reading your blog---keep it up!