Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Nesting Has Commenced

I FINALLY NESTED!!!! I did what seemed like 15 loads of baby Thomas’ laundry this past weekend. And every time the dryers buzzer went off, I grabbed the laundry basket with a huge smile and headed downstairs to pull all the tiny clothes out. Usually, our clothes will sit in the dryer until I’m sure they are covered with wrinkles. Then they get pulled out of the dryer, only to sit on the couch downstairs for at least 24 hours. Eventually they get folded and hung up, wrinkles and all. But not when it comes to baby Thomas’ clothes. He gets the VIP treatment in our house. I folded and hung up teeny baby clothes all weekend. Tom finished the shelving in Thomas’ room, so now everything has a place. His socks have a place, his towels have a place, his washcloths have a place…everything has its own little place and it has made me feel so much better. So much more ready and relaxed. When I’m home now, I don’t have the shut the door to his unorganized room because of the stress it caused each time I walked by it.

Now we just sit and wait…30 days to go.

1 comment:

The Howes said...

You should post a picture of the organized baby room. I would love to see what it looks like! Becky Howe (Tom's co-worker)